Scheduling your tweets is a game changer. So, lets know about how to schedule tweets.
You can give your audience a consistent stream of content without having to manually send tweets at odd hours of the day (or night).
Scheduling is a perfect complement to your social media calendar where you’re creating tweets days or weeks in advance.
Also, it can help you avoid missing a post on a particularly hectic work day.
Because let’s be honest: When there are fires to be put out, clients to be emailed, and yet another “follow-up meeting” from Joe the product manager, you’re not going to have time to come up with and post all those tweets.
That’s why we want to help you take your planning a step further by scheduling your Twitter posts in advance.
How to schedule tweets on Twitter
- Click the New Tweet button at the top right of the tweets manager within the creatives tab.
- When the tweet box pops up, craft your tweet—include any image, location tag, card, or hot takes you want.
- Select if you want the tweet to be Promoted-only. If selected, the tweet will only go towards a Promoted Tweet campaign—and not organically to your followers.
- Select the dropdown arrow next to the Tweet button and choose Schedule.
- You can choose to Tweetto post immediately, or select Scheduleor Save Draft if you want to edit your post later. With the Schedule, you’ll be asked to select a publishing date and time (up to one year in advance).
- Select the date you want to publish. Then click Schedule.
Congrats! You just scheduled your first tweet.
But that’s not the only way you can schedule a tweet…
How to schedule tweets on Hootsuite
Scheduling tweets on Hootsuite lets you get more granular with your scheduling options.
With Hootsuite you get more ways to draft, schedule, and review your scheduled tweets from one dashboard. You can also schedule bulk tweets in one fell swoop.
How to schedule tweets on Hootsuite:
- Sign up for Hootsuite.
- From your dashboard, create your tweet by clicking on the New Post
- Then fill out the text for your tweet. Be sure to include any photos, videos, or adorable puppy gifs.
- Click on Schedule for later at the bottom and choose the date and time you’d like your tweet to be sent. Note: If you upgrade to a paid plan, you can use Hootsuite’s handy autoschedule tool. It takes the pain out of deciding what time to post—it just does it for you!
- Click Schedule in the bottom right corner.
And that’s it! You can now see your scheduled posts in the Publisher tab on the left.
Easy, huh? What will you do with all that time you just saved?
Oh, who are you kidding? Look at more puppy gifs of course.
How to schedule multiple tweets at once
Bulk scheduling can be a great plan if you’re an organized social media guru with a spreadsheet full of tweets ready to go! Build anticipation about an upcoming event or launch, or just get your month’s tweets uploaded in advance (in less time than it would take to upload them individually).
The Hootsuite Bulk Composer is available to professional, team, business, and enterprise plans. It lets you import and schedule up to 350 tweets at one time from a handy .csv file.
How to schedule multiple tweets at once:
- Start by going to your launch dashboard on Hootsuite. On the left side, click on Publisher.
- From the Publisher menu, select Bulk Composeron the left side.
- In the Bulk Composer menu, click on Download exampleunder “How to prepare your messages.” This downloads a sample .cvs file showing you exactly how to set up your file to bulk schedule.
- Open the file in a program that uses .csv (Google Sheets, Excel, etc.).
- Copy the file to create a new version of it for your bulk tweets.
- Fill it out in the correct format (more on that here).
- Once you’ve filled out the .cvs file with your posts, go back to Publisher and click on Bulk Composer.
- Click on Select File to Upload and upload your file. Choose the social account you want to upload it to.
- Along with the date format you used.
- Click on Review Messages. You’ll have the chance to go through each post for any errors.
- Once you finish your edits, click Schedule All Messages and you’re done! You can now view your messages in the Planner
For an even more comprehensive look at this, be sure to read our article on how to bulk schedule social media posts.
How to auto schedule tweets
Hootsuite’s auto schedule tool allows you to post messages to multiple networks automatically. Our algorithm figures out the best times to post for you based on:
- Your customized AutoSchedule settings (posts per day, time period, and days applicable)
- The content you’ve already scheduled for the selected social network
- High engagement time periods for the social network generally (not specific to your own or your audience’s habits)
How to auto schedule tweets:
- Go to your post Composer on Hootsuite. Then click Schedule for later.
- Toggle AutoSchedule to on. Then click Done and
- To disable it, simply toggle the AutoSchedule button to off.
NOTE: Hootsuite’s auto autoschedule tool is currently only available to paid plans. Luckily, you can test it out for free today.
How to edit scheduled tweets
Want to edit your posts before they go live? Add media, edit copy, or add a location to your scheduled tweets from the Hootsuite dashboard.
There are two ways to see your scheduled posts. If you want a calendar view:
- Select Publisherfrom the dashboard.
- Select the Content
- Select Scheduled on the left side.
- Hover your mouse over the message or video, and then click Edit.
- Modify the message, and then click Save Changes.