The need managing multiple social media networks with different applications is time-consuming and unproductive. How much time you’re spending switching between tabs is a lot.
There’s no need to launch multiple apps to manage multiple profiles on social media.
If you’ve ever wanted to know how to manage the social media accounts of many clients, or simply how to manage multiple social media accounts for your company You’re at the right spot. In this article , we’ll guide you through the most efficient method to monitor, manage and collaborate across every social account that you utilize every day.
What is the most effective software for managing multiple accounts on social media networks?
There are many several options. You’ll be pleased to find out that we believe Hootsuite is the most effective software to manage several different social networks. The ability to consolidate all your social media activity on one dashboard will save you lots of time. It can also help keep you focus and organized.
Hootsuite makes it easier to manage your social media content management by giving you the ability to:
- Create, publish to and manage multiple social media accounts.
- Plan content ahead and then organize posts across accounts using the form of an online calendar.
- Answer messages to all your social accounts from one central inbox.
- Create reports for analytics that provide the results for all of your social accounts all in one spot.
Accounts for business can be managed by up to 35 accounts in Hootsuite. Hootsuite dashboard.
What is the most effective app to manage many social media sites?
If you’d prefer managing multiple social media accounts at a glance look into the Hootsuite application. Like the desktop version Hootsuite this app lets users to create articles, edit, and publish content to multiple social media accounts all in one place.
You can also look over and alter your content calendar and handle the incoming messages and posts from all your social profiles through your unifying inbox.
How do you handle multiple accounts on social media to support your business?
So , how do you be able to set up multiple social media accounts from the same dashboard? This article will show you how to get it done in six steps using Hootsuite.
Connect all your social networks accounts.
The first step in setting your self up to manage multiple social networks is connecting your accounts to Hootsuite. Hootsuite dashboard. You can connect accounts by:
- Facebook (profiles Pages, Profiles and groups)
- LinkedIn (profiles and pages and profiles)
- Instagram (business or personal accounts, personal or business)
- From the Hootsuite dashboard, select your profile’s icon at the upper right corner, and followed by Manage Social Networks.
- To add a social network that you’ll be working on with your colleagues then click the green Share the Social Network button. Or you can click”+ Private Network.
- Select the network you would like to join and connect to [NetworkConnect with [Network.
Enter your login information and then click Sign in. If you’ve got two-factor authentication set up, you can enter the login code you received on you mobile. Depending on your network and the device, you might be required to agree to certain questions.
For more information, read our blog posts about the management of multiple Facebook pages, and the best way to handle multiple Instagram accounts. You can also watch this video:
Make a tab for each profile on social media.
This is a non-negotiable step It can help you keep all of your accounts when managing several Facebook and Twitter accounts.
1.From your Hootsuite dashboard Click the + symbol in the upper menu to start a new tab.
- Select your tab name to determine the social network that is relevant to it. If you have multiple profiles for each social media platform Add the handle of your account to ensure that your accounts are organized.
- Create streams to keep track of all the data you’d like to keep track of on this account. It’s best to begin by creating streams for your articles, your mentions and scheduled posts and any relevant hashtags you wish to keep track of. The Home stream will allow you to view all posts you’d see on your feed from that social network , if you were logged in to your profile.
Click Start under Browse All Streams in order to add the correct streaming streams into your tab.
When you’re done your account, the tab will look similar to this, with all the necessary information about this account.
To manage your multiple social media accounts You can easily switch between the dashboard tabs.
Step 3. Create a content library of assets that are approved for use on all social platforms.
A content library is a great method of ensuring that you have assets that are approved to share across all your social networks.
- On on the Hoostuite Dashboard, select on the paper airplane icon in the left menu , to open Publisher.
- In the menu at the top select Content. Then, under Content Sources select Content Library, then Create Content Library.
- Choose your library’s name, then select Add Team to give access to the appropriate people in your company.
- For adding content go to on the Library dropdown menu near on the right, and select upload.
- Click Upload files to choose and then choose your file and select to open.
- Incorporate additional details, such as campaign tags or a date to use, and then save the information.
This video demonstrates what team members are able to do. make use of the approved content from your Content Library to share content on your social media channels:
Plan and create social media content for all of your social media accounts.
After you’ve linked your social media accounts to Hootsuite You can then make and schedule new content through your Hootsuite dashboard. Every time you make an article, you are able to decide the option of sharing it with one social account only or post it to multiple social media accounts.
- On the Hootsuite dashboard Go to the dashboard and click New Post.
- Select one or more of the social media profiles you would like to share your post.
- Add your content, which includes hashtags and images. If you’ve created your library of content there are approved assets on the site. If you do not have the appropriate image, you may select one from the provided media library that contains royalty-free images.
Once you’ve written an article, Hootsuite shows you an example of how it will look across each social network and allow you to ensure that the post looks good everywhere. If you’re satisfied with your post you can click Post Now to share the content immediately or schedule it to share the post at a later date.
If you’d rather to use Hootsuite bulk composer. Hootsuite mass composer. It could be the best tool to use for managing your social media accounts. It lets you publish up to 350 pages at a time to all the social networks you like.
This video will show you how to upload your content using the bulk composer:
Review and monitor your calendar of social media publishing
After you’ve made some posts, it’s time to look over your schedule of posting to ensure everything is coordinated across all accounts.
- On on the Hootsuite Dashboard, select on the paper plane icon in the left menu , and then click to launch Publisher.
- Check your social media posts on your interactive calendar. You can look through all posts you’ve scheduled across all platforms, as well as look at all scheduled messages for each of the networks separately.
If you’d like to alter the time of the posts you share on social You can drag them and drop them onto the appropriate day or date.
Are you unsure of when you should be posting on the various social networks? Read our blog posts on creating a an effective schedule for posting to social media and the most effective times to publish on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
This video demonstrates how you can use the planner to the best advantage to control various social media accounts.
Engage your followers across social media channels
If you don’t use software that manages multiple Facebook and Twitter accounts, it’s likely that you’ll miss on crucial opportunities to interact with your fans and followers. If you manage all of your social media interactions in one location it’s simple to engage with every one of your followers and followers.
It is also possible to use Hootsuite to assign private and public social messages to team members, making sure that there’s no chance of getting missed. You’ll be able to identify who attempts to reach you through multiple channels, and you’ll be able to ensure that you provide an unwavering response.
Hootsuite offers two methods to monitor public and private messages for various Social media profiles.
Send messages to multiple social media accounts through streams
After you’ve setup your streams and social accounts within Hootsuite you’ll be able to be able to see the entire engagement of your audience on your accounts directly in your streams.
The most reliable streams to look at for engagement opportunities are My Posts/Tweets/Mentions and messages.
- In MyPosts and Tweets, look out for engagement from the audience with the content you share such as shares and likes. If the networks allow comments, you’ll see them as well. You can also see who has retweeted your tweets.
- When you click Mentions, it will find posts that other users have added you to their lists. You can follow these posts directly via Hootsuite. Hootsuite dashboard. When the article was posted through Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn You can respond directly in the stream or send the user a message directly.
You can also share this post, or include the user in the Twitter list.
- In Messages you can read as well as respond to messages that are sent by your Facebook company Page. Click the arrow next the message to open the conversation. Type your response into the reply box below.
If you’d prefer to, you could assign any of these activities to a different team member (or you) to ensure that nothing is missed.
This video will walk you through the nuances of making use of Hootsuite streams to engage with your followers:
Inboxes can be used to manage messages from various social media accounts using Inbox
Inbox organizes all your social interactions in three sections:
- Conversation details
- Message folders
- The Conversationspane lists all private and public conversations that you have on your social profiles. You can filter the conversations to search for specific types of conversations, such as direct messages or replies to posts on each social platform.
- The Conversation Details page reveals the entire conversation between the user with your business. From there, you can publish a reply to the conversation or tag the user or send an encrypted message. You can give the reply to a member of your team or to yourself.
- In the Message Folders, you can view messages that have been given to you, which you’ve assigned to members on your staff, which have not been assigned, or are finished. This ensures that you never miss an opportunity to interact with your fans via any of your social networks.
Here’s this YouTube video that shows you all the Inbox features that you can make use of to manage messages for various social media accounts.
Review and write a report on every social channel you use
Each social media platform comes with its own analytics tools. If you’re looking to get an overall view of your social media efforts using an analytics tool, it is the best method to oversee several social media accounts to meet goals for business and reports.
- On Hootsuite’s dashboard, on the Hootsuite homepage, you can click the bar graph icon to open Hootsuite Analytics.
- Go to Post Performance in on the menu left to see an overview of all your posts that show indicators like:
- Video views
- Video can reach
- Choose Reports in the menu left to create visual reports you can personalize and share. Particularly the Mixed Overview report offers the aggregated reports across many social platforms.
There are templates available that enable you to quickly create reports and efficiently. You can also utilize the customized reporting tools to build reports based on specific metrics that are important the most to your company.
- Modify the tiles within the report (to an max of) to present the data in the most effective manner for your company. Reports can be created separately for different teams or for your customers.
- Download the report, or share it directly with colleagues inside Hootsuite Analytics. This lets teammates collaborate on your reports.